Please read all of the conditions listed below before booking as they make up your agreement with us together with the information supplied on our website and in our brochure. It may be needed from time to time to amend or add to these terms and conditions, an up to date copy of our terms and conditions can always be found on our website or obtained by calling us.
We would like to contact you about goods and services offered by us which may be of interest to you. Please advise us accordingly if you do not want us to use your personal data to contact you by electronic means (Email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
Please also advise us accordingly if you would like us to contact you with information about other goods and services which we feel may be of interest to you (Email, Telephone or SMS). You may ask us to stop contacting you with this information at any time. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us by: Telephone: 01395 232431 Email: email@example.com Otherwise we will assume you have accepted them.
1. We only reserve specific pitches or Holiday Homes if requested at a cost of £15 per holiday home booked, and group bookings at a cost of £10 per Holiday Home booked. If you have particular requirements or require two or more pitches/Holiday Homes together we strongly recommend this option as otherwise no guarantee can be made that booked pitches/Holiday Homes will be together.
2. It is your responsibility to check that details on your booking confirmation are correct and to notify us immediately of any discrepancies. We cannot accept responsibility for any errors not corrected prior to arrival. Please ensure that you have the correct number of adults and children listed, as we cannot exceed the maximum occupancy of the pitch or Holiday Home.
3. If your cheque is returned to us by the bank as ‘unpaid’, we will charge a £20 fee to cover the costs incurred.
4. Arrival times are printed on your confirmation details.
5. When booking, a deposit of £100 per Holiday Home per week or £50 per touring caravan per week is required. This deposit is non-refundable unless refund guarantee has been purchased.
6. Balances of all holidays are to be paid 42 days prior to arrival. Non-payment may lead to cancellation of booking. Please note that we do not send reminders.
7. No stag or hen parties accepted. No groups of unaccompanied teenagers accepted. Persons under the age of 21 are not permitted to hire any Holiday Home. Persons under the age of 25 other than families will be required to pay a deposit which is refundable dependant on condition of Holiday Home on departure and general behaviour during the stay. Please contact the park prior to booking for further information on security deposits required.
8. A domestic pet is permitted at the discretion of management. Pets must be kept under control at all times and are accepted on the understanding that Castle Brake will in no way be responsible for damage or injury caused by them. Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Any damage to property or persons caused by pets must be paid for by their owner. We reserve the right to refuse entry to breeds listed on The Dangerous Dog Act or any other dog showing fierce/fighting tendencies. Maximum of two pets per Holiday Home or pitch, any pets must be pre-booked and paid for prior to arrival.
Changing your holiday
9. Our Refund Guarantee – we offer this as a peace of mind guarantee. It can only be added at point of booking. Should you need to cancel please see page 20 for more information.
10. Castle Brake regrets that refunds cannot be made under any circumstances, unless the refund guarantee has been purchased. Please refer to our refund guarantee section on page 20 for more information.
11. There is a charge of £20 for any alteration made to a booking. Please note we cannot amend dates within 8 weeks of travel, this would act as a cancellation. Holidays cannot be amended to the following year.
During your holiday
12. New arrivals must report to the Reception. No Holiday Home or pitch is to be occupied until you have booked in.
13. Reservations must be taken up by 8.00pm on the day of arrival unless special arrangements are made with Reception prior to arrival date. If no contact has been made with Reception within 24 hours of arrival date then the Holiday Home will be re-let with no further notice.
14. The management reserves the right to refuse acceptance of a booking or to terminate the visit of any person for whatever reason at their (the management’s) sole discretion. No refunds will be made of holiday fees already receipted under any circumstances covered by this occurrence.
15. No driving is permitted around the park between midnight and 6am and during all other times the speed limit of 10mph must be adhered to. Patrons must remember that the Road Traffic Act applies to all vehicles at all times, when being used in the park.
16. Tenants must accept full responsibility for their own personal property. Castle Brake does not accept responsibility for any personal property left on site. We will be happy to forward items left (if found) for a minimum fee of £10 to cover postage and packaging.
17. Please inform us of any problems that occur during your stay as we regret that we are unable to deal with any complaints once you have left the park.
18. If we believe that you have left early (i.e. vacated the site with no intention to return before your departure date or informed Reception of your intention not to return) we reserve the right to re-let your pitch/accommodation. You will not be entitled to a refund.
19. No washing lines other than those provided are to be hung on Holiday Homes.
20. Damages or breakages to park facilities and equipment must be reported and paid for.
21. All refuse should be placed in the bins located in the recycling area behind the amenity block.
22. Parents/Guardians must ensure children in their care comply with the park’s rules regarding scooters, skate boards, roller skates, bicycles and/or other similar equipment; helmets must be worn at all times and children must not use such equipment in the prohibited areas as signposted.
23. The by-laws and conditions and license of the District Council and the park rules must be observed as must the usual codes and understandings relating to good caravanning.
24. Neither Castle Brake Holiday Park, nor any other person or individual company involved in operating or managing the Holiday Park, nor any associated or subsidiary company shall be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage (direct or indirect), loss of or damage to any property, including motor vehicles, motorcycles or the like, however caused, sustained by or occasioned to any person on park (including persons under the age of 18 years), whether resulting from or caused by the negligence, default, wilful act, omission or otherwise of Castle Brake Holiday Park, the individual companies or persons operating or managing the Holiday Park, their employees, servants, agents, or concessionaires, or of guests, residents, occupiers or invitees.
25. We shall not be liable in the event of any accommodation or other facilities being unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control. During mid and low season, some facilities may not be open due to lack of demand or weather conditions. We reserve the right to close, cancel or alter the opening/closing times of any facility or service on site.
26. Barbecues are permitted at the manager’s discretion. On obtaining permission all barbecues must be raised off ground level and disposed of safely. The use of disposable barbecues is prohibited.
27. Unless agreed through prior arrangement, the management do not allow commercial vehicles, lorries or converted vehicles onto the holiday park. Please note supermarket grocery deliveries are not permitted.
28. The company reserves the right to terminate any booking at any time.
Holiday Homes only
29. Check-in times are as detailed on the ‘Extra information and offers’ page in our brochure. No Holiday Home will be available before these times due to cleaning, checking and maintenance requirements. We reserve the right to delay check in times if necessary. You are welcome to use park facilities before that time. Holiday Homes must be vacated by 9.45am on the day of departure but you may use the parks facilities for the remainder of the day.
30. Once agreed in advance with Castle Brake, late arrivals may obtain their key from the on call team whose contact details are left at the Reception entrance after closing.
31. The company reserves the right to enter Holiday Homes, or have the police enter, at any time.
32. Please be aware that all of our Holiday Homes are non-smoking.
33. Only one key is issued per Holiday Home booking. If lost, a fee of £20 is chargeable.
34. All images used are examples of our Holiday Homes and for illustrative purposes only.
Touring pitches only
35. For touring pitches, bookings will be accepted for any day of the week and for any duration. However, during high season and bank holidays, must be for a minimum of 3 nights.
36. There is no guarantee that pitch bookings can be extended beyond the dates originally booked.
37. Only one vehicle is permitted on each pitch, additional vehicles are charged for but must be parked in designated parking areas. It is your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is parked courteously and left in a safe manner. We reserve the right to move any incorrectly parked vehicles or camping equipment and accept no responsibility for any damage caused under these circumstances.
38. Due to fire regulations relating to pitch separations, the size of the touring unit booked must be stipulated at the time of booking to ensure the pitch booked is large enough. In circumstances where the touring unit size (caravan, motor home, or tent, of any type, including awnings or extensions) exceeds that declared on the booking we reserve the right to require the rearrangement of pitch equipment, or to relocate or refuse accommodation, which may not be refundable.
39. Pitching must be supervised by a designated member of Castle Brake staff. Please visit Reception to arrange this. Please note all touring caravans must be sited with the tow bar facing the road.
40. Pitching after 8pm or when it is dark (if earlier than 8pm) is not permitted.
41. Castle Brake accepts no responsibility for any damage to tents and awnings due to adverse weather conditions.
42. Persons using Castle Brake and its facilities do so entirely at their own risk and Castle Brake will not accept liability for the loss or damage to persons and/ or property, or accommodation or amenities becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control.
43. The booking is accepted on the strict understanding that persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to drink or buy alcoholic beverages in the Castle Inn. Persons found doing so will immediately be expelled from the park together with all persons named in the booking. Young people must bring some form of identification to prove they are over 18 years of age if they wish to drink alcohol in the bar.
44. Please note that gazebos are strictly prohibited from all areas of the park unless prior arrangement has been made with management.